Holidays have begun, also for Miss Gingerish. Therefore, the next three weeks I will share easy, tasty summer recipes that fit perfectly with the holiday atmosphere. Sometimes quick and easy meals for camping, other times a bit more fancy recipes to enjoy a long night in the garden with friends. Three weeks of not too much “chatting”, just some fine pictures and a delicious recipe ;-). I wish you all a great summer!
Today’s recipe is one that I make quite often, but it’s so simple that you can hardly call it a recipe. One takes some scrambled eggs and leftover vegetables et voilà, the frittata is ready.
Simple and fast: a great holiday meal. But also the perfect hangover cure when you had another long BBQ night with friends and need something more that just a anti-hangover smoothie. Eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tomato; they all help to get rid of that hangover as quickly as possible!
(Of course there are endless possibilities with this recipe: you can add slices of sweet potato for instance, or some crumbled feta; just try!)
- 3 eggs
- 2 good handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 large chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat some oil in a frying pan
- Bake the slices of mushroom and tomato pieces
- Add the spinach and let it shrink. Spread the cooked vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pan
- Stir the eggs into a cup or bowl and add salt and pepper
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan. Turn the pan so that the egg is well divided
- Turn the frittata when it’s cooked on 1 side; the easiest way is to put a plate on top of the pan, turning it while holding the plate and then slide the frittata from the plate into the pan
- Divide Parmesan over the eggs before serving
You can just eat the frittata as it is, or serve with some toast. Complex carbohydrates (wholemeal bread, cereals) will help to balance your blood sugar level if you have a hangover, two birds killed with one stone ;-).