Holidays have begun, also for Miss Gingerish. Therefore, the next three weeks I will share easy, tasty summer recipes that fit perfectly with the holiday atmosphere. Sometimes quick and easy meals for camping, other times a bit more fancy recipes to enjoy a long night in the garden with friends. Three weeks of not too much “chatting”, just some fine pictures and a delicious recipe ;-). I wish you all a great summer!
Holidays: everyone enjoys the beautiful weather, time together with your children., or partner Spontaneous get-togethers on the terrace or at the neighbours. The BBQ is on, or you fix a quick salad. Enjoy, that’s what we all hope to do during the summer holidays.
But what if yesterday was a little too crazy at the neighbours? Or if you should have skipped that last beer at the outdoor festival? Then you are already too late, indeed ;-). It would be a waste of your vacation and the good weather to stay in bed the morning after, right? So just trust me and make this quick smoothie!
- Banana: feeling weak, tired and sick after a night out? Complete the potassium deficiency with banana!
- Spinach: full of antioxidants and potassium
- Ginger: helps relieve nausea
- Nuts stabilize your blood sugar. They also make this a more filling smoothie
- Honey: the natural sugar promotes the degradation of alcohol and repairs low blood sugar
- Water: if you have a hangover it means you’re dehydrated, which usually causes the headache. So drink plenty of water throughout the day anyway!
Banana and spinach smoothie
- 1 banana into chunks
- 2 good handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp. of nut butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 teaspoon (ground) ginger
- 350 ml of cold water
- Put all ingredients in blender and mix well
- Add some extra water if you think the smoothie is too thick
- Pour into glasses and drink immediately