Need some potato inspiration? Then you must try this easy smashed potatoes! Cook, smash and bake in the oven, yummy….. This is a quick way to serve a surprising and good looking side dish, also when your organising a dinner party. Just Google and you will find a variety of recipes for these potatoes; I used this delicious recipe by De Groene Meisjes.
These potatoes are great with avocado aioli and this oven-baked chicken with fresh herbs. The chicken and potatoes can go in the oven together, so in the meantime you can sip a glass of wine, prepare a dessert, clean the mess your children made, iron; you name it ;-).
Crispy smashed potatoes
- 16 small floury potatoes, leave the skin on
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Fresh chives (or other herbs to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender (test with a fork)
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and divide the cooked potatoes
- Smash each potato, you can easily do this with the (greased) bottom of a glass jar
- Use a brush to cover each potato with some olive, this is what will make them crispy! Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until gold and crispy
- Serve on a pretty tray and garnish with some freshly cut chives