Forget humus, I have now found an addictive delicious dip! Delicious on bread with a fried egg; sprinkled over baked potatoes; as a sauce for meat … All tested and approved. And I think this is also very tasty with snack vegetables, or for dipping tortilla crisps; lot’s of ideas!
This avocado aioli is perhaps less healthy than humus, because of the mayonnaise, but on the other hand avocados is super healthy. Perfectly balanced I would say ;-).
I used lemon mayonnaise for a fresh touch, but you can also use regular mayonnaise and add some extra lemon juice. The acid from the lemon also avoids the avocado turns brown quickly.
And did you know that if you keep the pit of the avocado in your finished aioli, it helps to keep the green colour as well?
For one dish
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon mayonnaise
- bit of squeezed lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit (keep it) and scoop the flesh into a high cup
- Add the mayonnaise and garlic and use a hand blender to mix everything well (you can also use a small food processor or a blender)
- Taste and season with additional lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper
Do you have another good idea to combine this simple avocado aioli with? I would love to hear it! Leave a comment below and inspire me and others.