Cooking a fast but yet healthy and delicious weeknight meal isn’t as hard as you might think. This is one of the recipes I can always fall back on when I’m out of inspiration. And this creamy pasta is also perfect for finishing that remaining half avocado, what happens to me quite often ;-).
I got the idea for this pasta when fellow food blogger Little Spoon (she makes such pretty and colourful pictures!) posted an “I-don’t-know-what-to-cook-recipe” a few weeks ago. Everyone has a recipe like that, right? Well, this is mine:
Easy and creamy avocado pasta
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- good handful of fresh spinach
- 50 gr of peas (briefly blanched in boiling water)
- juice of a quarter lemon
- dash of good olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 150-200 gr of pasta
- Cook the pasta to all dente
- Meanwhile, puree the avocado in a blender with the spinach, peas, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and mix with a lot of the creamy avocado sauce
This only the basic recipe, although it’s pretty good already ;-). Today I finished the pasta with some roasted balsamic tomatoes, but it’s also delicious with grilled vegetables or mixed nuts.
What’s your easy weeknight recipe you can always fall back on? Leave a reply in the comments below, and don’t forget to check the pasta recipe Little Spoon made!